Friday, March 4, 2016

Slim Chance

Rest API

Initially I had started with the goal of building the backend API leveraging the Phalcon framework, but while developing I came to realize that Phalcon is a little over my head at this point. While I would love to sit and dig into and learn it all, I also need to get some progress or I'm going to drive myself insane. After some more looking around I finally circled back around on Slim which appears to give me the basic functionality I'm looking for which being a bit less complex to implement.

Where Are We Captain?

At this point I've ripped out the Phalcon implementation I had started on and have replace it with Slim. I have re-implemented the registration API, and have managed to build a very simple login API which will now allow me to begin the build more of the game and database.

So far I've started to fill a notebook with various ideas for game mechanics, building ideas, city leadership, and back-end database table structures. I have no idea if I'm heading in the right direction or not, but at least I'm enjoying the ride. Hopefully I'll have something to show for it down the road, but if not I won't be upset.

Where to Next?

Next up will be starting to integrate the game interface with the database. I've done some very basic tests to pull some data from the back-end to verify it functions, but now it's time to start piecing it together. Hopefully by this time next week I'll have a couple of unique towns that can pull from their own data.

No comments:

Post a Comment